Can you help us ‘hide’ the complexity of public keys, interaction with IoT devices over multiple platforms & services, and outcomes of ML algorithms? And create an intuitive way for the user to use these functionalities? If your answer is yes, then we are looking for you!
At Naviporta everything starts and ends with our mission: “Propel seamless global trade through the elimination of any waste in the global supply chain”. We have a vision of a world where shippers and logistic service providers are empowered to make every (container) shipment easier, more efficient and more sustainable than the one before. Not an easy ambition to accomplish – however we’re not here for easy. We’re here for the better. Our company arises on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done and we’re looking for true innovators who are committed to have impact and shape the future of global trade and logistics.
Naviporta is an open and neutral platform ensuring seamless integration of the physical information and financial flows within the global supply chain. We empower shippers to optimize their global supply chain and connect smart service providers to a set tools to launch and develop the most innovative and value adding services on our neutral infrastructure, underpinned by blockchain technology and with interoperability at heart. Combine the aforementioned with the expert knowledge and network of Port of Rotterdam and future consortium partners and there’s your recipe for a fast growing scale-up on it’s way to global goals and materializing it’s mission to “Propel seamless global trade through the elimination of any waste in the global supply chain”. Naviporta is currently driven by Port of Rotterdam, growing at rapid pace and will be a successful spin-out company in the near future! This is your unique opportunity to get onboard and have meaningful impact on the global supply chain. The international and dynamic team has a getting things done mentality, works with groundbreaking technology and relates daily activities to long term ambitions while delivering maximum added value to our customers, partners and stakeholders.
Curious about Naviporta? Connect with us on LinkedIn
You will be responsible for selling (from lead generation to creating the Naviporta community) the first launching services on the Naviporta platform to prospects, especially to shippers and logistic service providers. You will also validate our pipeline of potential service providers for the platform and interest them in offering their services via Naviporta. Potential service providers come from the fields of supply chain optimisation, chain transparency and fintech. You are successful if you close deals with new clients and service providers and link them to the Naviporta platform, so that they create even more value.
- Work closely with the lead, fellow engineers and the product team to deliver new products throughout the software development lifecycle
- Get inside the user’s mind and develop UI’s that are intuitive and aesthetically pleasing
- Plan and develop in alignment with the overall architecture
- Stay up to date on technical options and help selecting the best fitting solution
What we ask
- Previous working experience as a UI/UX designer for around five years
- Strong communication and co-creation skills
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles most likely obtained through a combination of advanced bachelor or academic study and relevant professional experience
- Being able to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy
- Advanced knowledge of React
- Excited about decentralization and the transformation of energy and/or supply-chains sector using emerging technologies such as blockchain, AI and ML
- Knowledge of other front-end frameworks such as Angular or Vue
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with test-driven development practices, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Go, Python or Rust
- Valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- Residential permit for the Netherlands;
- Living in the Netherlands (not overseas).
What we offer
- 36-hour working week;
- A one-year contract with a view to a permanent contract;
- Excellent pension scheme with the ABP (average earnings system in which about 70% of the contributions are paid by us);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- Thirteenth month and holiday allowance, accrued via a personal choice budget of 19.6%. You can use this budget in various ways. We have an extensive range of training and education, to promote your personal development.