With this privacy statement we inform you about the processing of (personal) data by NAVIPORTA. NAVIPORTA is an initiative of the Port of Rotterdam (‘NAVIPORTA or ‘we’). It explains to you (‘user’ or ‘you’) who we are, what data (including personal data) we collect and the different ways in which we collect, use, and share this data, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
The scope of this privacy statement
Port of Rotterdam is the controller ad defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Port of Rotterdam Authority
3072 AP Rotterdam
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Name: K. de Kok
Email address: FG@portofrotterdam.com
Telephone number: +31 6 2567 7774
Do you have a question, or would you like to exercise one or more of your individual rights? Do not hesitate to contact us via our general GDPR email address
Who we are
NAVIPORTA is an initiative of the Port of Rotterdam. The NAVIPORTA platform provides a proven solution that enables interoperability between the various parties in the global supply chain.
From whom we obtain the following data.
As further described below, we collect several types of data from and about you:
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us: When you choose to contact us by submitting a webform via our website:
- company name;
- phone number (optional).
When you contact us in general.
If you subscribe to our newsletter of request a demo, we offer you the option to define in a preference center what you are most interested in. Once you register, we send you an email to the email address you specified via the form on our website.
We use Active Campaign both in the course of newsletter registration, and to send you content information. Active Campaign helps us to collect information about how you use our website and communication activities to optimize our services/products accordingly and to conduct marketing and sales activities. For more information on the GDPR compliancy of Active Campaign, please visit: https://www.activecampaign.com/legal/gdpr-updates/gdpr-overview
How we use data collected.
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To operate, maintain, analyze and improve our website and services;
- For industry analysis, benchmarking and analytics;
- For marketing (e.g. newsletter).
With whom we share data collected
The information/data collected will not be shared with any third party.
Legal basis for data processing
Our legal basis for collecting, using and otherwise processing the (personal) information described above is to fulfill a legitimate interest of NAVIPORTA. We may also process your personal data to enter into and perform a contract with you. your consent to do so, or where we need the (personal) information to perform a contract with you/perform a service for you. Email marketing will only be used with your consent. Insofar as the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your (personal) information, please send us an e-mail using the contact details provided at the top of this privacy statement.
Security and Confidentiality
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the (personal) information obtained from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Our personnel with access to personal information collected are required to keep such information confidential and secure.. All personal data is stored and processed by us and our service providers within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will retain your personal information and the data you provided for a term of 12 months, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need or legal obligation to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it. For the sake of clarity and for the avoidance of any doubt, data obtained from you that is not personal data, as well as the data that has been anonymised is NOT subject to privacy rights and obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and may be stored, used, or otherwise processed by us, our affiliates and/or third parties indefinitely.
Your Privacy Rights
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an e-mail using the contact details provided to our general GDPR email address AVG@portofrotterdam.com or completing the form ”Request with respect to personal data” on PoR’s corporate website;
- We will process your requests to exercise your privacy rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. You may send us an e-mail using the contact details provided to our general GDPR email address AVG@portofrotterdam.com or completing the form ”Request with respect to personal data” on PoR’s corporate website;
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent;
- You have the right to file a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For more information, visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl .
We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of with the General Data Protection Regulation. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain personal information to verify your identity. Please note that by fulfilling such request, we might not be able to continue to provide you with the (proper) service and you might no longer be able to (fully) use our service.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your personal information or exercise any other rights, contact us via the contact details above.