Are you a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to propel our start-up to scale-up? Do you have a track-record in doing exactly that? Then we are looking for you!
At Naviporta everything starts and ends with our mission: “Propel seamless global trade through the elimination of any waste in the global supply chain”. We have a vision of a world where shippers and logistic service providers are empowered to make every (container) shipment easier, more efficient and more sustainable than the one before. Not an easy ambition to accomplish – however we’re not here for easy. We’re here for the better. Our company arises on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done and we’re looking for true innovators who are committed to have impact and shape the future of global trade and logistics.
Naviporta is an open and neutral platform ensuring seamless integration of the physical information and financial flows within the global supply chain. We empower shippers to optimize their global supply chain and connect smart service providers to a set tools to launch and develop the most innovative and value adding services on our neutral infrastructure, underpinned by blockchain technology and with interoperability at heart. Combine the aforementioned with the expert knowledge and network of Port of Rotterdam and future consortium partners and there’s your recipe for a fast growing scale-up on it’s way to global goals and materializing it’s mission to “Propel seamless global trade through the elimination of any waste in the global supply chain”. Naviporta is currently driven by Port of Rotterdam, growing at rapid pace and will be a successful spin-out company in the near future! This is your unique opportunity to get onboard and have meaningful impact on the global supply chain. The international and dynamic team has a getting things done mentality, works with groundbreaking technology and relates daily activities to long term ambitions while delivering maximum added value to our customers, partners and stakeholders.
Curious about Naviporta? Connect with us on LinkedIn
You will be responsible for selling (from lead generation to creating the Naviporta community) the first launching services on the Naviporta platform to prospects, especially to shippers and logistic service providers. You will also validate our pipeline of potential service providers for the platform and interest them in offering their services via Naviporta. Potential service providers come from the fields of supply chain optimisation, chain transparency and fintech. You are successful if you close deals with new clients and service providers and link them to the Naviporta platform, so that they create even more value.
- Spearhead Naviporta’s technology function and enable business to meet global vision
- Built, grow and manage a thriving team of super talented engineers to support the execution of the tech roadmap
- Overseeing all aspects of Tech/Engineering, including tech strategy, technology blueprint, security, product roadmap and best practices & tech stacks
- Ensure alignment with shareholder’s Enterprise Architecture
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Product Owner to define product roadmap and deliver new products and enhancements.
What we ask
- Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience in successfully managing a tech start-up to scale-up
- MSc in Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Understanding of platform technology, it’s pros and cons, latest technological trends
- Understanding of Blockchain technology, it’s pros and cons, latest technological trends
- Being resourceful and having a problem-solving mindset.
- Valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- Residential permit for the Netherlands;
- Living in the Netherlands (not overseas).
What we offer
- 36-hour working week;
- A temporary employment with a view to a permanent contract as soon as Naviporta is a successful spin-out company;
- Excellent pension scheme with the ABP (average earnings system in which about 70% of the contributions are paid by us);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- Work from home allowance;
- Thirteenth month and holiday allowance, accrued via a personal choice budget of 19.6%. You can use this budget in various ways. We have an extensive range of training and education, to promote your personal development.